Start Date: 7/15/2016
Project: 21,000 sq/ft of urethane cement flooring and 750 linear feet of coving
Duration: 11 Days
-Mechanical surface preparation including scarification and shot blasting with dust collection system.
-Hand scarification along all walls and around drains.
-Installation of keyway terminations along all transition areas.
-Installation of seamless cant cove at 2″ deep.
-Installation of a three-component polyurethane-concrete system at 1/4″ thick.
FLOOR SYSTEM: MSC Floors used a three-component polyurethane-concrete flooring system. This troweled, monolithic flooring system is installed at 1/4″. The thickness is determined by the service and cleaning temperatures and the severity of traffic expected. These floors are extremely tough and have many physical properties that exceed those of typical concrete.
Various Advantages to this type of system:
- Thermal Stability
- Solvent Free
- Slip Resistant
- Low-Odor VOC Compliant
- Chemical Resistant
- Excellent Impact and Abrasion Resistance
- Unaffected by freeze/thaw cycles
- Wide temperature in-service range from 50° – 235° F
- Extremely High Bond Strength
COVE SYSTEM: MSC Floors used a four-component polyurethane-concrete material to form the cove base. It is applied by trowel and yields excellent results; it was installed to a depth of 2″. It is extremely tough and has many physical properties that exceed those of typical concrete.
* 1/4″ will provide a functional floor system for years and years (and years!)
* Polyaspartic is a durable, long lasting performance topcoat for high volume, heavy load traffic areas
* LEED – Credits available – Indoor Environmental Quality – 4.2 Low Emitting Materials, Paint & Coatings. Low VOC – 5 grams per liter
* Aggressive texture creates a safer workplace by providing greater traction which reduces risk of slip and fall accidents
* Protection against punishing hard-wheeled traffic or chemicals