Start Date: 6/17/2016
Project: 16,000 sq/ft
Location: Port Huron, Michigan
Duration: 4 Days
– Mechanical surface preparation using diamond grinders with hepa vacs and shotblasters.
– Cut off or beat down any existing exposed metal studs in the floor.
– If new concrete slabs are less than 28 days we will need to apply a pre-treatment to the area.
– Oil saturated areas received an oil-stop pre-primer.
– Prepare joints and install polyurea joint treatments
– Install patching treatments to deep damaged areas in floor and to fill holes and patch where metal is exposed
– Apply epoxy primer over entire floor (Blade Prime)
– Install High Build 100% Solids Epoxy
– Sand entire floor and clean floor
– Install High Traffic System Urethane Finish. ***Note HTS will have much better abrasion and wear protection and will not micro scratch and dull over time like an epoxy finish.***.
Various Benefits of This Product:
– Complete light stability over the expected life of the coating.
– Proprietary three-component formula withstands high-volume, heavy wheeled traffic areas
– LEED® CREDIT – LEED Green Building Certification Program credits may be available: Indoor Environmental Quality, 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials, Paint & Coating
– Environmentally Safe – low odor formula, virtually solvent-free and ideal for odor-sensitive environments during application
– This floor system is commonly used on aisles, loading docks, repair shops, hangars and other high-traffic areas