Start Date: 02-16-17
Project: 425 square foot ESD Flooring (electrostatic discharge floor)
Duration: 2 days
MSC Floors used Protective Industrial Polymer’s Protect 200 ESD UR for this application. Protect 200 ESD UR is a chemical-resistant, aliphatic polyester ESD urethane coating designed to develop electrostatic control properties. Protect 200 ESD UR produces a non-yellowing, thin-film, semi-gloss to satin finish. Protect 200 ESD UR is installed in a number of different environments where the damaging effects of electrostatic discharge (ESD) cannot be tolerated. Primary industries that use ESD flooring include Electronic Assembly, Data Processing, Military/Aerospace, Hazardous Industries (dust or explosion hazards). It is suited for applications over top of an insulative epoxy primer or build coat.
• Variable Texture, skid resistance, and abrasion resistance can be achieved by addition of Gloss Grip and Diamond Wear additives
• Consistent resistance to ground without the need of a ground plane primer utilizing conductive particulates and polymers
• BODY VOLTAGE GENERATION (BVG) below 15 volts with conductive footwear
• Meets ANSI/ESD S20.20 ESD Association Standard for the Development of an Electrostatic Discharge Control Program for Protection of Electrical and Electronic Parts, Assemblies and Equipment (Excluding Electrically Initiated Explosive Devices)
• Dissipates a 5000 volt charge to 0 volts in less than 0.1 seconds
• Maintains ESD properties throughout the thickness of the applied coating and not dependent humidity for proper conductivity (unlike carbon fiber systems)
• Superior impact and abrasion resistance
• Seals concrete, protecting against dirt and spills
• Resists staining and major chemical spills of cleaning and industrial chemicals
• Complies with VOC regulations for industrial maintenance coatings in the OTC and CA.
• Tested in accordance with ANSI/ESD S7.1-2005, ANSI/ESD STM 97.1-2006 and ANSI/ESD STM 97.2-2006 and ANSI-S20.20-2007.
Step 1) Mechanical surface preparation to remove to achieve profile for new coatings using diamond grinders, hand grinding the curb as well.
Step 2) Clean out and prepare all joints using specified joint fill
Step 3) Install rapid repair patching material with Cabosil to any damaged areas including deep spalled areas.
Step 4) Apply one coat of primer to bare concrete surface.
Step 5) Grind to nearby column down to the bare metal and secure copper grounding straps to the columns and to the floor surface.
Step 6) Apply repair material to all cracks an to all wall and floor transition areas followed by a layer of fiberglass mat saturating the mat with the epoxy resin to secure and strengthen the coating
Step 7) Install 9″ radius cove to wall and floor transition
Step 8) Apply 1 coat of High build epoxy body coat at 12 mils to floor surface
Step 9) Apply a coat of High Traffic ESD Urethane finish at 4 mils to the floor and cove surface
After coating had cured, we tested the coating for proper grounding.